Monday, May 13, 2013

2013 trade package #10: $0.40 worth of Wolverines from Dime Box Nick!

As I wrote over on TMV today, I've kind of been slacking and out of the groove when it comes to posting lately, but I'm still going to try to get posts up here and there, especially when it comes to trade packages.  Nick from Dime Boxes sent me a great one recently that hit several of my PCs, and that's often the best kind of trade!  Besides the multitude of Tigers and a bit of set help, he included these as well:
Here's a trio of cards representing three different Wolverines I'm happy to collect.  I've got lots of work to do getting all my Larkins scanned, but I definitely didn't have his 2012 Panini Cooperstown Credentials insert.  It's a bit weird getting a card that doesn't include a photo of the player, but it's not that big of a deal since they aren't licensed to use MLB logos anyway.  The Freehan is a bit of an oddball, hailing from a 1976 Hostess set.  It's been well loved but it'll stay that way in my collection.  Meanwhile, the Sisler is a 2010 Topps Blue Back insert that I can guarantee I didn't have.  He doesn't get his mug on a ton of cardboard these days, so I appreciate cards like that showing up in trades!

Most important for me in this trade, though, was the presence of this here card:
J.J. Putz 2013 Topps Target Red Border
If I'm gonna have to chase the many, MANY 2013 Topps Putz parallels, I might as well get some help from my friends, right?  Nick was nice enough to dig this one out to throw in for me, and it becomes my 90th IHAS Putz card (including three 1/1s), plus my 7th different version of his 2013 issue.  That's one more happily added to the PC and one more parallel down as well!

Thanks again, Nick, for an awesome first trade, which will hopefully be the first of many.  Readers should catch up with the goings-on over at Dime Boxes immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment